With the NSW first home owners grant, first home owners now have access to owning quality built homes previously thought to be out of reach.
Your eligibility is determined on the facts and circumstances as at the commencement date of the eligible transaction. This is the date of the contract to purchase or build a home or, for an owner builder, the date the foundations commenced to be laid.
To be eligible for the $10,000 grant:
- the contract date must be on or after 1 January 2016
- the home is a brand new home
- you are over 18
- you or your spouse (including de facto spouse) have never held a relevant interest in any residential property in Australia prior to 1 July 2000However, you may be eligible if you or your spouse, including de facto spouse, have only had a relevant interest in any residential property in Australia on or after 1 July 2000 and you have not resided in that property for a continuous period of at least 6 months.
- the value of the property must not exceed the First Home Owner Grant Cap of $750,000
- you have not received a first home owners grant in any State or Territory, unless subsequently repaid
- you need to live in the home for a continuous period of at least 6 months
- at least one applicant is a permanent resident or Australian citizen
- each applicant must be a natural person and not a company or trust.
For more information, visit http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants